PDA

Näytä tavallinen näkymä : Kontula skatepark anyone?

Mikhail Utkin
16.01.2019, 15.07
Hei guys, i am marathon and xco rider, i live and work in Helsinki, have been 2nd in Tahko MTB 120km 2017-2018, many of you know me (https://www.instagram.com/p/BkqYXTNBljE/).
The thing is that XCO tracks definitely tend to become harder and harder technically. And the best way we can train in the finnish winter is in my opinion the skate park (Kontula for example).
Can anyone help me with tips how to get to ride my XCO bike in any skateparks in Helsinki region? Does anyone want to join?

The idea is not new, please see what Jolanda Neff is saying here. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8efE3Pu4VU)

I will appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

travelleroftime
16.01.2019, 20.01
1. Pick up your bike
2. Get to the park
3. ???
4. Profit

I would join, but I do not live in Helsinki. :D

MRe
16.01.2019, 20.54
First thing would be to contact people responsible of those parks like Kontula and check what is your change to get to ride there with XCO bike. I do not know whether it is possible though, since only BMX is mentioned and is allowed only during the hours reserved solely for BMX and you need to be member of the BMX club.

Mikhail Utkin
17.01.2019, 10.34
1. Pick up your bike
2. Get to the park
3. ???
4. Profit

I would join, but I do not live in Helsinki. :D
Yes, if only it would be so easy ^^, skate park is for skateboarders unfortunately(

Mikhail Utkin
17.01.2019, 10.38
First thing would be to contact people responsible of those parks like Kontula and check what is your change to get to ride there with XCO bike. I do not know whether it is possible though, since only BMX is mentioned and is allowed only during the hours reserved solely for BMX and you need to be member of the BMX club.
exactly you either have to be a member of the BMX club, or if i can find enough people interested, then we can just rent the skatepark for 1 hour, it is around 50-60eur. Is anybody interested? Inside I can make some kind of guidance for beginners, or in future set the course even with obstacles, this way next summer you will be much more technical.